[omniORB] Getting something out of an exception

Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:16:07 +0100

On Thursday 6 September, "ERIKSSON,TOBIAS (A-Sweden,ex1)" wrote:

>  I'm receiving a CORBA::SystemException but I do not know why, isn't there
> any variable that can give me some hint on what wet wrong?

CORBA 2.4 adds functions called _name() and _rep_id() to all
exceptions, which do the obvious things. Those functions are supported
by omniORB 4, but that probably doesn't help you much.

An omniORB specific thing for omniORB 3 is to use the _NP_typeId()
function, which returns a string, in an omniORB specific format,
containing the name and kind of the exception.