[omniORB] Interoperability with OpenORB 1.2.0 and omniORB 4 beta

Jani Niittukari jani.niittukari@saraxa.com
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 20:55:05 +0300

Hi,

We are running omniORB server in Windows 2000. OpenORB client uses the
server from Linux. Client calls server about 20 times in a minute. The
system runs several hours and everything is ok, but from time to time I see
a error message in OmniORB server's console:

"Detected GIOP 1.2 error in input message, connection is closed"

There is no specific interface call when this happens, it just happens from
time to time. I'm not sure but I also remember seeing this when a call was
made from OmniORB to OpenORB's notification service, but I'm not 100% sure.

This doesn't seam to be fatal, because the system works nicely after the
error occurs. What might be the reasons for this error? Should I worry about
by own code or is it possibly a marshalling bug in OpenORB or OmniORB?

Thanks,

- Jani