[omniORB] omniORBpy tests example

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:12:16 +0000

On Thursday 25 October, "Ioulia Passynkova" wrote:

> I just compiled omniORBpy 1.4 on our Linux (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2) and
> started to run examples in omniORBpy distributive. Running
> tserver.py and tclient.py in tests directory I got python
> crush. It's happened just after receiving exception. Do you have any
> idea what is the problem ?

Most likely, it's that you haven't updated you C++ compiler and
libstdc++ to the latest versions. I think the ones in RedHat 7.1 are
broken.

> [ipassynk@tocbe1lx P]$ gdb python core
> GNU gdb 5.0rh-5 Red Hat Linux 7.1

There's never any point looking at a core file from a multi-threaded
Linux process. They are always corrupted, due to the way Linux's
threads work. If you want to see what really caused the crash, you
should run Python under gdb to start with.