[omniORB] Assertion failure when debugging with VC++

HABONY,FERENC (A-Sweden,ex1) ferenc_habony@agilent.com
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:37:29 +0200

I've compiled the echo example (eg_impl.cpp) with Microsoft VC++ 6.0 using
omniORB 3.03.
I use the preprocessor definitions:
__NT__,__OSVERSION__=4,__WIN32__,__x86__
and linked to the following libraries:
omniORB303_rt.lib omnithread2_rt.lib msvcstub.lib.

It compiles fine. However, when I try to debug (or run the debug version) I
get
"
Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: ...echo.exe
File: dbgdel.cpp
Line: 47

Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)
"

which I never seen before using omniORB. This seems to be a VC++ issue
because it
doesnt appear when running a release version of the file. I don't have a
dbgdel.cpp
file on my computer and I can't see why this problem occurres.
I wonder if there's anyone else got into this problem, and what you did
about it?

Regards
/Ferenc