[omniORB] Farewell

Sai-Lai Lo s.lo@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:56:43 -0000

Long time omniORB users probably know that I've been involved in the omniORB
project since its creation in 1996. After working in this lab for 7 years, I
think it is time to move on and do something different. What else can be
more different than to go and work in P.R. China? Yes, that is what I've
decided to do and Monday is my last day at the lab. In the next 6 to 12
months, I'll have to take a leave from my involvement in omniORB. After
that, I hope I'll be able to find time to engage again.

Don't panic! The omniORB development is in safe hands. Duncan Grisby will
continue to develop omniORB4 and answer your questions on the mailing list.
omniORB4 is now feature complete and it won't be long to reach the full
release state. I'm sure you'll agree that Duncan has been doing a sterling
job in offering help on this list. All in all, life will carry on as usual..

My email address at AT&T Laboratories- Cambridge will continue to work for
some time. Alternatively, I'm reachable at sailai.lo@pobox.com. Don't send
me emails about how to use omniORB or you'll get no answer :-)

Signing off.

Sai-Lai