[omniORB] omniORB 4.0 problems

Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:42:17 +0100

On Thursday 18 October, "Ivanov, Roumen" wrote:

> 	I'm trying to evaluate some things using omniORB 4, but I have the
> following problems:
>
> 	1. snapshot 20011012
> 	resolve_initial_references("NameService");
> 	throws exception NO_RESOURCES
> 	or narrowing to CosNaming::NamingContext - TRANSIENT

Are you sure you have properly configured a NameService?  What output
do you get from -ORBtraceLevel 30?

> 	During the initialization I get.
> 	omniORB: Warning: WSAIoctl SIO_ADDRESS_LIST_QUERY failed. Unable to
> obtain the list of all interface addresses.

I don't know why this happens, but it isn't anything to worry about.
It's on the list of things to look at.

> 	2. snapshot 20011018
> 	dynAnyNil.cc does not compile
> 	src/lib/omniORB/dynamic/dynAnyNil.cc(734) : error C2437:
> 'DynAnyFactory' : already initialized

That's due to a missing VC++ bug work-around. Change dynAnyNil.cc line

  omniNilDynAnyFactory() : OMNIORB_BASE_CTOR(DynamicAny::)DynAnyFactory(1) {}

That fix will appear in tomorrow's snapshot.