[omniORB] single-threaded policy

Bruce Fountain B_Fountain@motherwell.com.au
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:39:55 +0800

If I want to ensure that all incoming requests are handled
in a single thread then I can create a custom POA using the
SINGLE_THREAD_MODEL policy and activate my servant using it.

If I want to fix my objectid (so that I can use the abbreviated
INS-style IOR "corbaloc::host:port/id") then I can use the
special POA "omniINSPOA" to activate my servant.

What if I want to do both? Is there a way of creating a POA
which supports both features?

On the subject of single-threadedness: the only ORBacus feature
that I really miss is the reactive single-threaded model. This
lets you handle all incoming requests in a single thread yet
prevents deadlock by allowing new requests to be received while
another incoming request is making an outgoing call. I don't
think that omniORB3 supports anything like this, but is there
any chance that omniORB4 will support such an option?

Bruce Fountain
Mi Consulting Group (Australia) Pty Ltd
Direct Line:  +61 (0)8 9368 8607
Switchboard:  +61 (0)8 9368 8600