[omniORB] ORB services

Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:46:13 +0100

On Tuesday 16 October, =?iso-8859-1?Q?=22Gr=FCtzmacher=2C_Lukas=22?= wrote:

Please don't send HTML mail to the omniORB list.

> I couln'd found exact information on the website about the services
> OmniORB has already implemented.  Could you give me a list which are
> implemented and which are in preparation.

omniORB comes with a Naming service. Colleagues in AT&T have released
a Notification service, omniNotify. Outside contributors have provided
an Event service, an Interface Repository, and a Property service.

Don't fall into the trap of comparing ORBs based on how many services
they provide. Think about the services you actually need first...