[omniORB] Distinguishing COMM_FAILURE - timeout

Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:49:13 +0100

On Monday 15 October, "Ivanov, Roumen" wrote:

> 	Is there any (even omniORB or network protocol specific) way to
> recognize what kind of COMM_FAILURE is causing the CORBA::COMM_FAILURE?
> 	Specifically I need to handle the network communication (TCP/IP)
> timeouts in a different way.

I'm afraid that with omniORB 3 there is no way to tell the difference.
In omniORB 4, we use different exception minor codes to represent
different errors, so there you can tell the difference. Some minor
codes are standardised; many are not.

> 	Has CORBA:: NO_RESPONSE anything to do with the issue?

No, that's used by the asynchronous message interface spec (which
omniORB doesn't support yet).