[omniORB] getting ObjectId from IOR

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:09:23 +0100

On Tuesday 9 October, "Maxim Krylov" wrote:

> My task is to realize an local cache for client, which caching
> calling of remote methods. I need to use cache because we have
> clients of our system with bad connection & they work with lage
> amount of stable (not often change) data.

[...]
> Can be it other solution for my problem, which doesn't concerned with
> Objectid?

The easiest, and most easily portable, thing to do is to explicitly
pass around an identifier along with your object references. That way,
everyone agrees on what the identity of each object is. You can just
define a struct containing a combination of object reference and some
suitable identifier type.