[omniORB] omniORBpy wrong C API

Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:48:59 +0100

On Tuesday 9 October, Nikolas Mangold wrote:

> I have just downloaded and configured the ready built binaries for
> i586_linux of omniORBpy after compiling for myself did not work
> properly.

What went wrong with your compile?

> Now everything is working well, except that everytime I start a pythonscript
> the following error messages come up:
>
> /usr/local/omniORBpy/lib/python/omniORB/__init__.py:139: RuntimeWarning:
> Python
> C API version mismatch for module _omnipy: This Python has API version 1011,
> module _omnipy has version 1010.
>   import _omnipy

This means that you are using a more recent version of Python than the
one omniORBpy was compiled against. One solution is to downgrade your
Python to the previous version. The best solution is to recompile
omniORBpy against the Python version you have.

The root of the problem is that the internal Python API changes with
each major release so, in theory, extension modules like omniORBpy can
break. In practice, I've never seen it crash, but I haven't tried very
hard.