[omniORB] When you plan to release the final version of omni orb 4?

Stephen Crawley crawley@dstc.edu.au
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:34:45 +1000

> Could you tell me please, how many chances that we see release at this new
> year or little later?
>
> sorry, for my perseverance, but it's important for us.  :)

Butting in here ...

Have you considered that you don't necessarily need the >>final<<
release?

Maybe you need a release that implements some set of features that are
not in OmniORB 3.0.x.  The features you need may already have been
implemented ... or mostly implemented ... in the latest OmniORB 4
prerelease.

One of the really nice things about Open Source is that you can look
at the source code to see what is implemented, find / fix bugs and
even pitch in to implement bits yourself.

-- Steve