[omniORB] ORB feature questions

Himanshu himanshu@icmg.nu
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:40:30 +0530

Hi Omni,

I'm evaluating omniORB for integrating with one of our CORBA based
product. I've following questions on CORBA core and integration with
other CORBA services:

1. At present there in no support for PI and Valuetype features. What's
the timeframe for availaibility of these features?
2. How do I intergrate with 3rd party OTS if it's based on PI?
3. Also we need Codec for portable marshalling and demarshalling. I feel
that it won't be difficult to implement.
4. Do you support Python language mapping?
5. Does omni IDL compiler support generation of tie classes?
6. IIOP1.1 support

Thanks in advance.
Himanshu Jena
iCMG
India Development Center
Millennium Towers
Queens Road, Bangalore - 51
Ph:91-80-286 5620 Fax:91-80-286 5623
Architecting Software Components for EAI
        http://www.iCMGworld.com/

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not