[omniORB] limit on length of object IDs?

Carl Thompson cet@carlthompson.net
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 10:47:59 -0700

Hello,

      Is there a limit to the allowed length of object IDs?  I want to
encode a lot of information about my persistent objects directly into
their object IDs to minimize the accesses to persistent storage.
However, I seem to not be able to use object IDs of greater than 16
bytes or so with omniORB.  My favorite CORBA reference just says that
object IDs are just a sequence of octets and does not mention any limits
to the length of the sequence.  Does CORBA define a limit on the length
or is this a bug in omniORB?

Thank you,
Carl Thompson