[omniORB] omniNames problem

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 16:01:12 +0100

On Thursday 4 October, "Goral, Jack" wrote:

> I recompiled omniORB from sources every time (under RedHat and Mandrake).
> Python was up/downgraded as rpm binary package.

Very very strange. Is it just the Python RPM you have to install, or
do you need to update other RPMs too?

> Is it possible that IDL compiler generates different code when using
> different versions of Python?

It certainly shouldn't. You can always check with diff. Even if the
generated code was different, the place where it's failing is not
generated, so it's difficult to see how it could make a difference.

If you are using the most up-to-date versions of gcc 2.96 and
libstdc++ then I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid.