[omniORB] Memory management on NT 4.0

Arup Choudhury arup.choudhury@onfiber.com
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 09:00:53 -0500

Hello :

I have got the same problem and reported the problem and nobody has helped
me on that. I have tested with different size of string coming back from the
server. This typically happen if the string size is greater than 5500 bytes.

Thanks.

Arup

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 4:43 AM
To: Lars von Wedel
Cc: omniorb
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Memory management on NT 4.0

On Friday 5 October, Lars von Wedel wrote:

> we've started developing with omniORB 3.0.2 and VC6++ on NT 4.0.
> However, during runtime, I get exceptions whenever memory from any
> CORBA objects is deallocated, e.g. when a X_var variable goes out of
> scope of when I assign to a sequence variable a second time (and
> thereby the former content is going to be freed up).

The only time I have heard of this problem, it was due to incompatible
debug set-up between the application and the omniORB libraries. What
exception do you get?  Do the omniORB echo examples work?  What if you
modify eg1.cc to do some extra messing with String_vars, then compile
it with our makefiles?

I believe the issue isn't quite as simple as just selecting debug or
non-debug -- I think you have to choose the right debug settings from
a number of options.