[omniORB] omniNames problem

Thu, 04 Oct 2001 17:54:15 +0100

On Thursday 4 October, "Goral, Jack" wrote:

> I can confirm that RadHat 7.1 works OK as long as you keep Python 1.5.2.
> I am running it right now.

When it works, are you using an omniORB compiled from source or are
you using our binaries?

> I tried to upgrade Python to 2.2.1 on RH7.1 and I was getting same error
> messages as on Mandrake. What Python has to do with that?

As I said before, Python has absolutely nothing to do with omniNames.
Python is only required by the IDL compiler. Once omniNames is
compiled, you can delete Python altogether and omniNames will still
run.

I can only assume that the compiler you used to build omniORB and
omniNames was broken.