[omniORB] omniNames problem

Goral, Jack Jack_Goral@NAI.com
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 11:50:01 -0500

I can confirm that RadHat 7.1 works OK as long as you keep Python 1.5.2.
I am running it right now.

I tried to upgrade Python to 2.2.1 on RH7.1 and I was getting same error
messages as on Mandrake. What Python has to do with that?

RedHat and Mandrake both use gcc-2.96

Jack Goral

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 11:37 AM
To: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: [omniORB] omniNames problem

On Wednesday 3 October, Richard Hardgrave wrote:

> > [jgoral@n9ery_laptop src]$ omniNames -start -ORBtraceLevel 30
> > omniORB: strand Ripper: start.
> > omniORB: scavenger : start.
> > omniORB: gateKeeper is tcpwrapGK 1.0 - based on tcp_wrappers_7.6
>
> Looks like this is the problem ->
>
> > omniORB: The omniDynamic library is not linked.

That is not the problem. That message is purely for information.
omniNames is not meant to be linked with the omniDynamic library.

> > 	gcc 2.96

That is almost certainly the problem. Make sure you have the latest
versions of the compiler and libstdc++. It's possible that Mandrake's
versions of these are still broken. RedHat's latest ones seem to work
OK.

A better solution is to use gcc 2.95.x. Apparently gcc 3.0.1 works,
too.