[omniORB] README.SunC++5

R A M ramasub@subexgroup.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:39:53 -0000

Hi all
	this is an extract from the README.SunC++5 file.it says:

Sun C++ 4.2 is currently what we use to compile code to put into
service.We believe that the problems with Sun C++ 5.0 and Forte Workshop
v6.0
have now been worked around.omniORB servers or clients built with this
compiler would frequently
core-dump on a Solaris 2.7 SMP machine when multiple connections were
simultaneously broken. This could be provoked by running multiple
threads in a client program, all poking the same remote object and
then killing the server or the client. Looking at the stack trace
under dbx, it seems to go wrong in the exception unwinding when more
than one thread is in the unwinding state.
Explicitly installing an uncaught exception handler seems to avoid the
problem. If you still see these symptoms, then the bug is obviously
more pernicious than we thought.

Since iam using Forte Workshopv6.0 , i wanted to know if this problem still
exists.has anybody encountered any problem.iam using omniORB3.0.4

thanks in advance for any help
-Ram

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.subexgroup.com/mail-disclaimer.htm