[omniORB] Does omniORB run under VxWorks?

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:50:37 +0000

On Thursday 29 November, "Olaf Meding" wrote:

> I did not see any mention that omniORB supports VxWorks on Intel PCs.

There is not currently a port to VxWorks (or at least if someone has
ported it, they haven't told us). I believe the biggest sticking point
in the past has been that VxWorks only supported an ancient version of
gcc, that wasn't up to compiling omniORB. If that has changed, it
shouldn't be too hard to do a port.

As Haarek said, the hardest thing will probably be porting omnithread,
unless you have pthreads support. As long as VxWorks has a reasonable
set of threading primitives, it should be pretty easy to port, though.