[omniORB] crash in _NP_alignedSize

garfield-omniorb@irving.iisd.sra.com garfield-omniorb@irving.iisd.sra.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:55:02 -0500

I have an operation in an interface that returns a structure including
several strings.  Something like:

        struct A { string name; string value; };
        interface B { A op(); };

My C++ servant implementation returns 0.  Something like:

        class B_impl : ..... {
            A *op(void) { return 0; }
        };

This causes a segmentation violation in the function _NP_alignedSize
of the structure's implementation.  I have tried this with both the
3.0.4 release and with the omni3_develop cvs branch.

My question is: is this a bug in omniORB or am I performing an illegal
operation.  If the later, can you give me a reference as to where it
is declared illegal?

--David