[omniORB] Cross-ORB portability issues

Alexey Syomichev asyomichev@marketswitch.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:01:53 -0500

Hello.
I am in the middle of the transition to the omniOrb4 from the different
ORB. In order to minimize changes of an existing code, I’ve extended
some mappings with additional operators. So far it looks like these
changes are not harming the ORB functioning and application runs well
built with either CORBA implementation, but unfortunately I have to
patch the omniOrb code every time I download the latest snapshot. What
is the reason to not include these operators into the original omniOrb
source?

_CORBA_String_member:
    inline operator char*& ()  { return _ptr; }
_CORBA_String_var:
    //inline operator char* ()   { return _data; }
    inline operator char*& ()  { return _data; }
class @name@_out (header\template.py):
    inline operator @name@&()   { return *_data; }
class @name@_var :
    inline const @name@* operator -> () const { return _pd_seq; }
    inline @name@& operator * () { return *_pd_seq; }

(_CORBA_WString_* changes are identical  to respective _CORBA_String*
changes)

--
Alexey Syomichev      email:  asyomichev@marketswitch.com
MarketSwitch corp.    phone:  (571) 434 4355