[omniORB] Patches to compile OO4 on AIX

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:25:44 +0000

On Wednesday 14 November, Carl Thompson wrote:

>       Note that I had to hack up src/tool/omniidl/cxx/idlpython.cc a bit
> because the Python method that was used to find the libraries did not seem
> to work in all cases.  I don't know Python so I fixed it using C++ code.

Can you explain what the problem was?  I'm sure it's possible to do
whatever has to be done from Python rather than uglifying the C++.

With the AIX stuff, is it possible to build a Python extension with
gcc, rather than making omniidl an executable?  That would be a
cleaner solution. Also, it looks like you have set paths up for using
a Python build tree, rather than installing Python somewhere. I think
that's why you need the PYTHONLIBDIR path. Is that right?