[omniORB] Migration to omniORB from Orbix

Richard Hardgrave hardgrav@ttd.teradyne.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:47:14 -0600 (CST)

Rob,
	We just did this, but our application was what one
might call somewhat atypical.  Our use of the ORB is basically
"IPC" in a stand-alone configuration.  We're running on
Solaris 2.5.1 on UltraSPARC workstations.  Of the COS services,
we only use the Naming Service.  We replaced what Orbix did in
the Implementation Repository with the Naming Service.  Our
servant processes act as a conduit between our C++ applications
and multiple CLIPS (Rules-based production system) environments.
	If any of that can extrapolate to what you're doing,
feel free to ask some specific questions.  I might have a
document or two that I used to track implementation hurdles
we overcame, but they're probably rather implementation-specific.
And, again, ours is not even a 'distributed' application (yet).

Regards,

Richard