[omniORB] omniORBpy and TAO

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:05:01 +0000

On Tuesday 20 November, =?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIPDV3snO?= wrote:

> I use omniORB_3_0_4 and omniORBpy_1_4.

Are you sure?  The error message below comes from omniORB 4.0 /
omniORBpy 2.0. That's not relevant to your problem, though.

> Attempting to connect to the NameService provided by TAO gives
> omniORB.CORBA.NO_RESOURCES Minor: NO_RESOURCES_InitialRefNotFound,
> COMPLETED_NO.

How have you told omniORB the location of the TAO naming service?  If
you have used a corbaloc or corbaname URI, perhaps the version of TAO
you are using does not support the interoperable naming service. Try
running your omniORB client with command line -ORBtraceLevel 10. That
should give more information about what is going wrong.