[omniORB] run time problem

R A M ramasub@subexgroup.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:34:57 -0000

Hi all
	this problem is troubling me for quite sometime.i build the omniORB3.0.4
library from sources using Sun C++ version 5.0 compiler.after that when my
application makes a call to CORBA::Object_var obj =
g_orb->resolve_initial_references("RootPOA") , my application hangs.
	my earlier question on similar lines,to this mailing list , answered that
the problem was with the Sun C++ version 5.0 compiler.i installed the
patches for the same and the problem still continued.
	i then tried out the binaries for Solaris 7.i compiled my application with
the compiler option -compat=4.but then i get lot of errors saying that
namespaces are not defined.does the Sun C++ version 4.2 compiler support
namespaces,templates and STL library.in the omniORB website it is said that
omniORB3.0.4 is tested with Sun C++ version 4.2 / 5.x.but for me it gives
the above errors regarding namespaces.
the OS iam using SunOS5.7.
 can anyone throw some light on this problem
thanks in advance for any help
-Ram

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.subexgroup.com/mail-disclaimer.htm