[omniORB] Problem with sequence of sequence as out parameter.

Peter.Ronnquist@nokia.com Peter.Ronnquist@nokia.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:19:29 +0200

Hello,

we have problems with sending a sequence of octet sequences as an out
parameter from an omniorb 2.80 server.
When we enter numbers (ex 55) and the length (length 1 for both) of the
sequences into the sequence of octet sequences on the server side then =
the
client receives a COMM_FAILURE exception after the server method =
returns.
To put values in the sequence of sequence data structure we looked at =
the
"words and lines" example from the "Advanced Corba programming C++" =
book, so
we expected it to work.
If we just do a new on the sequence of sequence on the server side =
without
setting any data in it then=20
the method returns normally and the client continus as expected.

Right now we changed the sequence of octet sequences into a simple =
sequence
of octets (only one dimension) and this
works fine but it is not as convienient.=20

Have any of you had similar experiences and/or know how to do it in a =
proper
way?

Thank you,
Peter R=F6nnquist