[omniORB] Problems with more than one network interfaces

Hinkofer, Fa. pds, E230, D G.Hinkofer@deutschepost.de
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:11:19 +0100

Hi all,

we are using omniORB280 on the platforms solaris7(sparc)  and WINT4.0
(intel).

We communicate via two network interfaces on each plattform . One is a
token-ring interface and one is an ethernet interface. Also we are =
using
omniNames for the naming service. omniNames is running on WINNT4.0 =
(intel).
And we communicate via the ethernet interface to omniNames.

Now the problem:
It's possible to register our Objects in the naming service =
(omniNames). But
it's not possible to communicate to the Objects by using the entries of =
the
naming service. If we use only one network interface than we can =
communicate
to the Objects by using the entries of the naming service. Is it =
possible to
use two network interfaces with omniNames280 ? If it's possible, what =
do we
have to do to use the omniNames to communicate to our Objects by using =
the
entries?

In the moment it's not possible for us to change the version of =
omniORB.
With the next roll-out of our system we would like to change to a =
higher
version of omniORB. Whitch one would like to be the best version to =
resolve
our problem ?

Thanks
G=FCnter=20

Deutsche Post AG         Fon:   +49 211 163 1485
SNL IT-Systeme BRIEF     Mobil:=20
AE Produktion Brief 1    Fax:   +49 211 163 1783
                        =20
Briefanschrift:          Postfach 10 12 65, 40003 D=FCsseldorf
Hausanschrift:           Konrad-Adenauer-Platz 1, 40210 D=FCsseldorf