[omniORB] First corba call to Java orb takes long time to com plete

Grefstad, Ingvill Ingvill.Grefstad@fks.fmcti.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:00:33 +0100

Hi,
You are right! The same delay normally occurs also when we use a java
client, but my colleque has found a way to get rid of the inital delay
between two PCs. If the CORBA-server PC has one network-card and a TCP/IP
setting where "Enable NetBios over TCP/IP" is checked, there is no delay for
java clients running on another PC.
However, this does not reduce the initial call time from the omniORB
clients!
Cheers,
Ingvill