[omniORB] First corba call to Java orb takes long time to complete

Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:04:48 +0000

On Friday 16 November, "Grefstad, Ingvill" wrote:

> The delay appears to be on the server-side (Java ORB). Network monitoring
> has shown that the long delay typically is between a GIOP "LocateRequest"
> and a "LocateReply" message. The time between the following "Request" and
> "Reply" is just a few milliseconds. If, however, the
> LocateRequest/LocateReply is omitted, the long delay is between the GIOP
> Request and Reply (the invocation itself).

Strange. What happens if you use a Java client?  My guess is that the
Java server is trying to do a reverse look-up on the client's IP
address, and taking a long time about it. I don't think it's an
omniORB issue.