[omniORB] local invocations

Stephen Davies chalky@null.net
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:07:26 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Duncan Grisby wrote:

> On Saturday 10 November, Stephen Davies wrote:

> However, you shouldn't be using the obsolete and proprietary boostrap
> agent unless you need to talk to the JavaIDL name service.

Ahh, the InitRef works. I used bootstrap since that was what the settings
in my old omniorb.cfg file mapped to when I started it up.

> > Segmentation fault
>
> Something is confused. That error has come from omniORB 3. I suspect
> you've somehow managed to link against both omniORB 3 and omniORB 4.

Indeed I had, oops! :)

> You haven't activated the shortcut POA, so it's in the holding state.

This should probably be mentioned in the site, for relative corba newbies
like me :) Ditto with the implicit activation, perhaps.

Anyway I got it all working after much reading the header files to figure
out the policies and stuff. (I should buy a book, I know..) As a result
the draw traversal (which traverses the scenegraph of corba objects and
was around 7500 local invocations for the demo, though I've been trying
to cut that number down) is now 2.5x faster on my Athlon 1.4, a major
improvement! Thanks Duncan!

I am also running into the predicted errors when deactivating objects upon
closing the client, but that is just because I am ignoring the issue
completely for now.

Stephen

   //------=[ Chalky (Stephen Davies) -- Chalky@null.net ]=------\\