[omniORB] a probably stupid multithread question

Matthias Hilmer hilmerms@rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:05:35 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,

i have the following problem: when i start my client multithreded with 10
threads each open working on the server and echo the server object's
thread id back to the client i get 5 different id's instead of the
expected 10 although the client threads are still alive. Doesn't omniORB
work multithreaded? I do know from TAO, that there is a 3. param to
ORB._init() which is needed to identify the clientside thread correctly.
But omniORB doesn't have that param. I found
omniORB::maxTcpConnectionPerServer in the manual. But setting this to 100
doesn't seem to have an efect.

Any suggestions or solutions?

thaks in advance

-Matthias