AW: [omniORB] omniORB::log and omniORB::logger and syslog

Grobarcik Peter Peter.Grobarcik@start.de
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:40:50 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to express a wish If it is posssible. In a complicated network
setup (like ours) it would be wery handy to have timestamps in each
log-line, at least in the invocation-tracing. We are offten confronted with
problems like sudenly a service has some reply latencies of more than a
minute and we need to determine the component responsible: it is the
database? the sockets/network? are the data structures being transported
really so complicated/big (~1000 structures in a sequence)? or some other
thing? When we could see that the omniORB component is working "fluently" -
without pulsations, we would have a problem less.

Cheers,

Peter