[omniORB] Bug in registry handling?

Tim Ward timw@lsl.co.uk
Wed, 30 May 2001 14:28:26 +0100

If you spell the registry value name "ORBInitRef" as "orbinitref" it doesn't
work - you get a message about an unknown configuration item.

This seems to me to be a bug, because comparison of value names in the
registry is supposed to be case insensitive. Indeed, it seems to me that one
would have to go to considerable contortions to make the comparison case
sensitive.

A reasonable user would expect any registry lookups to be done with the
semantics of RegQueryValueEx so would not expect the case of the value name
to matter.

Tim Ward