[omniORB] Student wondering

Eric Desjardins desjardins_e@yahoo.ca
Tue, 29 May 2001 13:31:57 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm a student in computer eng and as student do, I'm doing a student
project.  I'm planning using CORBA in my application since it's a
distributed one and it would (I think) make things cleaner.

I read a lot on CORBA lately and I was wondering reading omni
documentation: since I have (on NT) to put the nameservice IOR in my
registry, how could build an application that could start and find
where a nameservice is available. If not, the nameservice could start
automatically for a particular LAN.

Am I dreaming or something like this is possible.  I teacher of mine
told me that I could find objects that were on the same network than me
nearly automatically (with some command line tool availaible with Orbix
or Visibroker or ...).  This seems a little weird...

Could somebody help me on this?

Thanks
Eric