[omniORB] omniORB wiki pages, request for suggestions

Sai-Lai Lo s.lo@uk.research.att.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 13:56:29 -0000

Prompted by Tobias's email on "Who is using omniORB?", I think I should
mention that we have just got a wiki page setup for omniORB. (For those who
don't know what wiki is, here is a reference
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiWeb in short it is a web page tool which
allow any user to add web pages to the site.)

I haven't yet decided on the omniORB wiki organisation but here are some
usage I have in mind:

1. FAQ.  Our FAQ is too old and not actively updated. There are lots of
frequently asked questions on the mailing list which should probably go into
FAQ. Instead of finding a person to maintain this, I want to try using wiki
so that anyone can help by adding a Q&A to the page.

2. Success stories. Who is using omniORB for what.

3. Comments & clarifications to the User guide, Installation guide. Hints on
setup etc. I'm biased and think that everything you need to know has already
been documented. However, I realise it can be hard to dig all the useful
bits out or what has been written may not directly address the question you
have at hand. If someone has gone through the pain to dig out all the
information, may be she is interested in sharing the information by adding
their experience to the wiki.

The wiki is completely open and anyone can add to or delete what others have
written.
How useful it is depends on how willing our fellow omniORBers are to spare a
small amount of time to add their experience to the wiki. I'm keen to see
this as an experiment on how this will improve the support of omniORB.

If you have other ideas on how to use the wiki, please let me know. I'll
make another announcement when we finish constructing the wiki's top levels.

Regards,

Sai-Lai