[omniORB] how to rebuild echo with static omniORB libraries?

Sai-Lai Lo s.lo@uk.research.att.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 16:33:59 -0000

The documentation was written about win32 with MSVC++, hence the way it is
presented. I don't know how similar MSVC++  is to CodeWarrior and to what
extend all these dllimport crap you have to apply to codewarrior.

> In initFile.cc I found this place, strange enough even for the author,
> according to (the only) comment:

> #ifdef _MSC_VER
>     //??
>     else if (strcmp(entryname, "GATEKEEPER_ALLOWFILE") == 0) {
>       omniORB::logs(1, "WARNING -- gatekeeper disabled.");
>     }
>     else if (strcmp(entryname, "GATEKEEPER_DENYFILE") == 0) {
>       omniORB::logs(1, "WARNING -- gatekeeper disabled.");
>     }
> #else
>     else if (strcmp(entryname, "GATEKEEPER_ALLOWFILE") == 0) {
>       gateKeeper::allowFile = CORBA::string_dup(data);
>     }
>     else if (strcmp(entryname, "GATEKEEPER_DENYFILE") == 0) {
>       gateKeeper::denyFile = CORBA::string_dup(data);
>     }
> #endif

There is no gatekeeper support for win32 with MSVC++. The code just test
for the MSVC++ specific macro and do not make any reference to gateKeeper
if that is the case. You just have to do a similar test for codewarrior
specific define.

> What branch should I port to NetWare?

omniORB 3 seems to be a good starting point.

---
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com
24a Trumpington Street                Tel:   +44 1223 343000
Cambridge CB2 1QA                     Fax:   +44 1223 313542
ENGLAND