[omniORB] how to rebuild echo with static omniORB libraries?

Dmitry Mityugov OxDD@digitalme.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:28:59 +0400

Hello,

What should I change in the build process to rebuild eg*.exe with
omniORB3.lib and omnithread.lib, not with omniORB303_rt.lib and
omnithread2_rt.lib?

Although this question is simple (I hope), the reason I ask is rather
complex. I'm porting omniORB to NetWare, and doing this in two steps. First,
I'm recompiling omniORB (static libraries only, no executables like the IDL
compilers etc) with CodeWarrior 6.1 for Windows to resolve all problems
related to the compiler itself. I believe that this step is almost done
(well, I know that there is a big difference between almost finished and
finished program; at least I managed to build msvcstub.lib,
omniDynamic3.lib, omniORB3.lib, omnithread.lib and their debug versions).

The next step is to port the libraries to NetWare using an earlier version
of the compiler included with CodeWarrior PDK for NetWare. But to start
doing this I should build a few examples using the libraries built in the
previous step to verify that they indeed work. I noticed that the echo
example uses omniORB303_rt.lib and omnithread2_rt.lib that I have not built
(I'd like to delay all complexities related to NetWare dynamic libraries
until I have a working NetWare Loadable Module that sends "Hello World" to
my workstation and receives a reply), but could not find a way to change the
build process to use the static libraries instead.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Dmitry Mityugov, DevNet SysOp 8
Member of the Novell SysOp Team
http://developer.novell.com/support/sysop/