[omniORB] omniORBpy URI and omniORB (C++) URI Conversion

Wilson Jimmy - jiwils Jimmy.Wilson@acxiom.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:27:44 -0500

I have been using the following URI in omniORBpy to determine the location
of objects written in Iona's Orbix 3.0.1.  It works great!  I can predict
the URI for our server objects.

Python URI:

"corbaloc::acxser3:1570/:%5cacxser3:adnerrorservice:0::IFR:ADNErrorServiceFa
ctory%00"

Note the %5c (\) and %00 (NULL) characters.

Then, I pass the above URI to ORB.string_to_object and an object is
returned.  I then narrow that object to the type it should be.

Now I want to do the same thing in C++.  So, I altered the %5c character to
be \\ and the %00 character to be \0.  That makes the URI shown below.

C++ URI:

"corbaloc::acxser3:1570/:\\acxser3:adnerrorservice:0::IFR:ADNErrorServiceFac
tory\0"

However, now when I pass the following string to ORB->string_to_object an
CORBA system exception is returned.  The minor code for the system exception
doesn't look like a real minor code to me either.  Does anyone know where I
might have gone wrong?

Jimmy
--
James "Jimmy" Wilson