[omniORB] CORBA interface in a DLL ...continue

Jonas Reimers jonas.reimers@se.transport.bombardier.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 13:48:11 +0100

--

Sorry pressed send to soon....

My enviroment:

MSVC++ 5.0 sp3
WIN NT 4.0 sp 6
omniORB 303

Hi again!

This is maybe not a pure omniORB/CORBA problem but I hope that someone on the
list might have an answer anyway.

I am trying to provide a CORBA interface to an customer application. To do this
I will use an DLL that  will contain the CORBA client and stuff.
I will also provide an simulation tool to the customer.

The DLL is created without any major problems. I have run DUMPBIN on the DLL and
checked that all the neccecary librarys are included. That is the case also
on the simulator.

 As far as I can see all the macros is defined at the right places. I have found
some contradictions in the archives but finaly I decided to use the
USE_stub_in_nt_dll macro. (correct?), WINSTATIC is not defined in the linker
options. A little confucing where and when the macros are to be defined and what
macros to define.

No to my problem, when I run my simulator.exe I gets an error message that says:
Simulator.exe: Unabel to locate DLL.
When runned in the debugger I receives the same error message and also a Dev
Studio message: DLL not found.
In the debugger info window I read following :

Loaded 'C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'M:\Project\...\...\...\myDll.dll', no matching symbolic information
found.
The program 'M:\Project\...\OP\Release\Simulation.exe' has exited with code 1
(0x1).

The DLL and the EXE are in the same directory.

Is the error in my compiling of the corba stuff (missed/missplaced some macro)
or in my MSVC++ appl?

I have used a DEF file to creat the EXP and LIB files so I dont think that the
problem is in MSVC++

Any good ideas anyone??

/Jonas Reimers

Bombardier Transportation