[omniORB] Creating a nil reference with a repository ID?

Fri, 18 May 2001 10:32:34 +0100

On Friday 18 May, Lars von Wedel wrote:

> can I create a nil reference based on a repository ID? Of course, I
> can create one when I know the class explicitly at compile time, but
> using a servant locator I only have a repository ID.

I don't understand what the problem is. Servant locators don't deal
with object references at all -- they deal with servants.

In a function that must return an object reference, there are two
cases. The first is that the function returns generic CORBA::Object,
in which case you can return CORBA::Object::_nil(). The second is that
the function returns a specific object reference type, in which case
you can use the right _nil() function for that type.