[omniORB] Interface repository

Fri, 18 May 2001 10:22:35 +0100

On Friday 18 May, Stephen Crawley wrote:

> The CORBA spec does not require the client side ORB to ask the server
> for the InterfaceDef object.  See section 4.3.1.1 of the CORBA 2.3 / 2.4
> core spec.

Indeed. The Python implementation I knocked up just does exactly the
same thing as the C++ implementation in omniORB, which is to contact a
local interface repository. I suppose it would be useful to have a
configuration option to decide whether or not to try to contact the
object first. We haven't ever spent much effort on this bit of omniORB
since we didn't have an interface repository until the nice factoriaX
people contributed one.