[omniORB] Interface repository

Timothy Docker timd@macquarie.com.au
Fri, 18 May 2001 07:16:39 +1000 (EST)

Duncan Grisby writes:
 > On Thursday 17 May, Timothy Docker wrote:
 >
 > > I would like to use the interface repository from client side python
 > > code. Unfortunately, the _get_interface() method is not yet
 > > implemented. Looking at the C++ code, it looks like it is implemented,
 > > although
 >
 > It's actually trivial to implement _get_interface(). I just hadn't
 > ever got around to it. I've checked it in to CVS now. The change is
 > tiny, so I've included the patch below.

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm not sure this patch is correct.

Is the code in the patch being executed on the server, or the client?
I would expect that the object reference would invoke a
"_get_interface" method on the wire, and the code as shown would be
executed on the server end of the connection. This way the interface
repository is chosen by the server and not the client.

Is this reasonable?

Tim