[omniORB] IOR question

Thu, 17 May 2001 15:18:23 +0100

On Tuesday 15 May, jnye@micro-optics.com wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is an omniORB question, or if it is a GIOP question.
> Anyway, here goes: If a machine has two IP addresses bound to its network
> card, which IP will be used in a generated IOR? Will the first one found be
> in the IOR? Will both be encoded in the IOR? Is IOR generation in this case
> considered to be portable or vendor specific?

At present, omniORB always uses the first address it finds. You can
override that, and even include more than one address, with the
-ORBpoa_iiop_name_port command line option. Note that the client side
currently only looks at the first address in the IOR, so putting
multiple addresses in isn't especially useful.

The CORBA specification doesn't say anything about these issues, so
it's ORB specific.