[omniORB] omniidl on Windows 9X

Mair Quentin Q.Mair@gcal.ac.uk
Tue, 15 May 2001 08:40:07 +0100

Duncan,

Thanks for that.

A quick workaround (tried on ME):

copy _sre.lib into the same dir as the example. Use the "-T" option -
everything works OK.

Still looks like an environment variable as omniidl can't find
the Python DLLs. Does anybody know what I should set?

PS Interestingly the below worked before copying _sre.lib over. Is it
because omniidl is an exe? (I'm fairly new to python and haven't looked at
how to build exes from scripts):

C:\omni\examples\echo>type retest.py
import re, sre_compile, _sre

print dir(re)
print dir(sre_compile)
print dir(_sre)

C:\omni\examples\echo>python retest.py
['DOTALL', 'I', 'IGNORECASE', 'L', 'LOCALE', 'M', 'MULTILINE', 'S',
'Scanner', '
T', 'TEMPLATE', 'U', 'UNICODE', 'VERBOSE', 'X', '__builtins__', '__doc__',
'__fi
le__', '__name__', 'compile', 'copy_reg', 'engine', 'error', 'escape',
'findall'
.	.
.	.
.	.