[omniORB] module versioning question

Shawn Bisgrove shawn_bisgrove@yahoo.com
Mon, 14 May 2001 03:43:09 -0700 (PDT)

--0-651228677-989836989=:39068

Hello,

   I have a quick question that someone may know a solution to.  I have two IDL files both declaring module X.  They are two different versions of the same interface.  On previous versions of my simple "translator", I named one module X and the other X35 (corresponding to the version number 3.5).  The X module interacts with a preexisting binary only server and the X35 is what is presented to clients.  Is there a way I can present module X (version 3.5) without renaming the module and have it play nicely with the other module X?

I would like to do this for a smooth transition from the old version to version 3.5.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

s.

Yahoo! Auctions $2 Million Sweepstakes  -  Got something to sell?
--0-651228677-989836989=:39068

<P>Hello,</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a quick question that someone may know a solution to.&nbsp; I have two IDL files both&nbsp;declaring module X.&nbsp; They are two different versions of the same interface.&nbsp; On previous versions of my simple "translator", I named one module X and the other X35 (corresponding to the version number 3.5).&nbsp; The X module interacts with a preexisting binary only server and the X35 is what is presented to clients.&nbsp; Is there a way I can present module X (version 3.5) without renaming the module and have it play nicely with the other module X? </P>
<P>I would like to do this for a smooth transition from the old version to version 3.5.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Thank you in advance for your suggestions.</P>
<P>s.</P>
--0-651228677-989836989=:39068--