[omniORB] get_compact_typecode()

Fri, 11 May 2001 17:54:44 +0100

On Friday 11 May, David Konerding wrote:

> I've been made aware of get_compact_typecode(), which is useful for
> my needs (I'm sending a sequence of Any's, where the Any's contain
> structures, and I don't want to send the member names).
> Unfortuantely, there is no real information on how to use
> get_compact_typecode() in the python bindings of omniORB and I'm
> having a hard time figuring out the syntax.

In theory, all you need to do is

  tc = # get a TypeCode from somewhere
  compact = tc.get_compact_typecode()
  a = CORBA.any(compact, value)

I say "in theory" since get_compact_typecode() is actually broken in
omniORBpy 1.3. It just goes to show that nobody uses it.

I've fixed it in CVS and the bugfixes patch.