[omniORB] Including CosLifeCycle

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Thu, 10 May 2001 15:42:16 +0100

The point is that I want to append non default header file suffixes to my
generated files.  If the compiler allows this to be done then shouldn't it
protect against these kinds of errors?

I suppose that your argument will be that the compiler doesn't know which of
my "#include *.idl" statements refer to files who's headers haven't been
changed.  Is there no way round this?

Many thanks,

David.

-----Original Message-----
From: Duncan Grisby [mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 3:23 PM
To: David Hyde
Subject: Re: [omniORB] Including CosLifeCycle

On Thursday 3 May, David Hyde wrote:

> omniidl -bcxx -Wbh=_Omni.h -Wbs=_Omni.cpp  -ID:\OmniOrb\idl\COS My.idl

[...]
> The files CosNaming_Omni.h and CosLifeCycle_Omni.h don't exist.

The problem is that you are using different header file suffixes to
the omniORB defaults. This means the dependency #ifdefs don't do the
right thing. If you get rid of the -Wbh=_Omni.h, omniidl will generate
files and #includes for files ending in .hh.

Then, if you put omniORB's include/COS on your include path, it should
all work.