[omniORB] Database connection pooling.

Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com Attila.Pletyak@anemo.com
Fri, 4 May 2001 15:52:44 +0200

As far as I know there is no such thing in omniORB. There is a software
package called SQLRelay, which is downloadable from
http://www.fitstworks.com/ .  For an other project of ours we implemented
an own connection sharing mechanism which is basically a mutex for every
connection used.

Sincerely,

Attila Pletyak
Anemo Ltd.
Hungary
mailto:attila.pletyak@anemo.com
http://www.anemo.com/

                    Ben Miller
                    <Ben.Miller@Mercia.Com>             To:     'omniorb' <omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com>
                    Sent by:                            cc:
                    owner-omniorb-list@uk.resear        Subject:     [omniORB] Database connection pooling.
                    ch.att.com

                    05/04/01 12:39 PM

Hi.

I'm interested to find out how people are implementing connection
pools in their CORBA servers.  I'm wanting to do this but it seems
like I'd have to write my own mechanism.

J2EE provides a connection pooling service.  Is there something
similar for CORBA that I could use with omniORB3?

Regards,
Ben.
Mercia Software Ltd.
Mercia House