[omniORB] Per thread for per connection?

GAO,YAN (HP-Singapore,ex3) yan_gao@hp.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:12:48 +0800

Hi,

I am doing  a Corba application by using the omni Corba like this way:

I developed two process A and B.

A works as a daemon and listen to request ( mostly from another Java
client), when request comes, it will do a fork and execl to generate a new
process of B. After B is started, B will connect A and pass its IOR to A. By
doing this way A will also act as a name service.

The application works fine until I do a reliability test. When  about 64 B
was forked, the A will not work properly. Then I check by using GDB and
found there are 64 thread existing in A. ( I am using HPHU11 and kernel
parameter for the thread is 64). At this point I realize that omni Corba use
one thread for one connection.

My question is :

1)	Is this true that omni Corba use dedicated thread to each
connection. ( Previously I think when method is called, the thread will be
created to do it, After the end of method call, the thread will close)
2)	Do you have thread pool support for example?
3)	Any work around to resolve this issue?
4)	Is it possible to modify the corba library to support it? And how
about the effort.

Thanks very much,

Regards,

Gao Yan

The main responsibilities for this application is to launch other Corba
server if request comes from Java application. After launching the Corba
server, the corba sever will connect to it and report its IOR of reference,
by doing

The application works fine before I do a reliability.